Article 28 of the 1949 Geneva Convention IV provides: “The presence of a protected person may not be used to render certain points or areas immune from military operations.”
Additional Protocol IArticle 12(4) of the 1977 Additional Protocol I provides:
Under no circumstances shall medical units be used in an attempt to shield military objectives from attack. Whenever possible, the Parties to the conflict shall ensure that medical units are so sited that attacks against military objectives do not imperil their safety.
The presence or movements of the civilian population or individual civilians shall not be used to render certain points or areas immune from military operations, in particular in attempts to shield military objectives from attacks or to shield, favour or impede military operations. The Parties to the conflict shall not direct the movement of the civilian population or individual civilians in order to attempt to shield military objectives from attacks or to shield military operations.
- Never answer a question directly.
- Never let yourself be pinned down to specifics.
- If a questioner tries to pin you down with facts or your contradictions, go off on a tangent or move on to another question.
- When caught in a lie make it seem like no big deal; just say “Oops I misspoke.” Like Hillary when caught in the lie about sniper fire in Bosnia or that you had so many more important work to do than remember every little detail like Hillary about her private email server or “What difference, at this point, does it make?.” in reference to Benghazi diplomats murdered by Islamic Terrorists
- Blame someone else. Find a scapegoat or a common enemy to deride.
- Hide your true beliefs behind words that sound right but have multiple meanings. (hope and change, fundamental transformation)
- Leave out key words or information. (Say we cut spending when you actually cut an increase in spending.)
- Always use lofty patriotic phrases and couch everything in American pie to distract attention.
- Remember – Most people don’t bother checking so feel free to:
- Always assert that the American people agree with you.
- Rewrite History in your favor.
- Say you were misquoted or taken out of context or they ignored your tone of voice when you can’t keep your stories straight.
- Demean any critics. Misquote them, take their words out of context and leave out their tone of voice.
- Never admit to a mistake or apologize unless you have offended someone you need. If you must apologize do so only for how they felt. Never take responsibility or admit error.
- Tell enough of the truth to sound believable but leave out all context that shows you are lying.
- Change the language or the statistical measurement.
- If you want to gin up class warfare, compare the average of 100% of all workers pay to only the top .1% of CEO pay inflate the disparity in pay.
- If you need inflation to seem lower, leave out rising energy and food prices but count the falling prices of electronics.
- If you want unemployment to seem low, leave out those who are underemployed in part time jobs, unemployed but no longer looking for work, unemployed but have been picked up by another government entitlement program like welfare or Social Security Disability. Add in short term jobs like census or campaign workers if you want a political boost you can crow about instead of eating crow.
- If you want to prove Global Warming, exclude the cold area’s data or destroy the sensors in the cold areas. If your fraud is found out, rename Global Warming to Climate Change, which you can claim is undeniably true.
- When people realize that Progressive means Communist change your name to Liberal and call the real Liberals ‘Conservatives’. When being Liberal means ‘Left Wing Communist’ change your name back to Progressive and call Conservatives (who used to be Liberals) Fascists.
- Instead of Socialism call it “Fairness”, “Leveling the playing field” and “Protecting the Middle class”.
- If you want to say you reduced terrorism, rename terrorist acts like the Fort Hood massacre by Islamist Major Nidal Hassan as “workplace violence”. Call any future terror man made disaster, militant action or freedom protests.
- If you want to go to war without seeming to go to war call it sending Military Advisors (Johnson in Vietnam) or Humanitarian Action (Obama in Libya).
- If your legislation is rejected, rename it to something that sounds better and try again. Socialized Medicine becomes Affordable Health Care.
- If you are a communist call yourself the people’s representative. If you are a Socialist and Rabble Rouser call yourself a Community Organizer.
- If Congress cuts your funding because your organization is responsible for voter fraud and other criminal actions, just change your name from ACORN to OWS.
- If you were shot in the butt in Vietnam while running away, call yourself a purple heart hero.
- If you want to show that you cut 25% from government Spending just ask for a Spending increase of 25% and then veto it.
- Instead of ‘unconstitutional direct taxation that immorally steals the peoples wealth to re-distribute for the purpose of buying votes, controlling the people with exemptions, killing the economy and making everyone equally poor’ call it The Internal Revenue Service.
- Instead of “A Secretive Private cartel of banks that replaced the Constitutional US Treasury dollar with paper debt notes they control the value of, who cause price inflation, boom and bust market cycles and charges you interest on stealing your wealth” call it the Federal Reserve.
- Inflate your worth. Call yourself brilliant, make up degrees and successes. Call every Speech you make Historic. Better yet, let the useful idiots in the media do it.
- Never compare apples to apples. Only trumpet favorable results of your actions or decisions. Compare yourself only to the negative about someone else.
- Exaggerate and add excess emotion to make what you say seem important.
- When challenged about anything, talk about something else that sounds like it, but is in your favor.
- Mislead, Misdirect, Deny.
- Focus on only one side of the equation. Always talk about Rights but never about the responsibilities for assuring and paying for those rights.
- When you suck or screw up, cite, as fact, polls that contradict reality.
- Be like Baghdad Bob. Repeat the lie no matter the facts or proof.
- Rationalize and justify lying as useful to create a teachable moment.
- Repeat all of the above until they get tired of asking or challenging you.
Remember the classic “I did not have sexual relations with that woman.” to which Clinton testified in front of Congress. Technically speaking Clinton did not have intercourse, but he did have oral sex. He also specified “That woman” to leave out infidelities with other women.
At a March 2013 hearing on NSA Domestic spying, Obama Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told the Senate Intelligence Committee the United States government does not “wittingly” collect information on Americans. The word “Wittingly” was later dropped, since it was obvious the government could not have unwittingly collected information.
The, carefully scripted, comment that the government does not “collect” information was repeated by Obama and Press secretary Carney. Yet we know that the government did spy on us. What gives?
Technically speaking, the government does not “collect” information. They ACQUIRE the information from internet providers and telephone companies who “collect” the information. You see the subtle avoidance of the truth?
For ObamCare the President said “You can keep your Doctor and your plan, if you want”. Unless your plan is canceled, which most plans were.
If one cares to check, you will find deception in almost every communication from modern Politicians. Obama is just the most blatant example.
- You have to spend an inordinate amount of brain power and time keeping your stories straight and dream up new ones.
- It is a waste of your creativity that could have been used to generate the next big idea or invention or solution to a personal problem or a loving thought to your spouse, children or friends.
- You will blame others and deflect even constructive criticism.
- It reinforces a pattern of avoidance of responsibility and interferes with your ability to handle consequences and make reparations.
- Your lie may get others in trouble, lead to a wrong decision with fatal consequences, ruin a reputation or lead to false conclusions .
- People may act upon your lie and get hurt. You are responsible but you will not see it that way.
- You will always live in fear of being found out.
- If you can rationalize that a lie is OK, it is a small step to rationalizing bad or criminal actions.
- You lose integrity. You have to lie to yourself to be convincing in lying to others. You distort reality
- If you are ever found out you will not be trusted and you probably will lose your job, spouse, friends, respect, position, money etc.
- You become loath to face consequences, you learn to lie to yourself.
- Lying causes emotional and physical damage to others who may forgive and forget but you will never have absolution.
- As long as you lie to yourself, you will never become aware enough of your faults to fix them.
- You will lose all those people that could have actually helped and benefited you and vice versa.
- You will learn to lie better but not to live better.
- You will remain mediocre when you could have been your best.